Monday 19 February 2018

Hang in There!

Sometimes a stamp set with dies comes along and you know you just have to have it.  That's what happened when I saw the monkeys.  And what luck to have a challenge come along that is asking for clean and simple with dies.  I can do that with this set.

I used a base of Heavy Whisper White and then added a die-cut piece of Whisper White.  I love the cross-stitch pattern along the perimeter of that die-cut!  Just to make a break between the base and this layer, however, I added a very narrow matte of Pear Pizzazz.  Then it was time to begin using those monkeys.

I stamped my images on Whisper White using Memento Black ink and then used the matching dies to cut them out.  Once they were cut out, I used my alcohol Stampin' Blends to colour them.  Since the card was supposed to be clean & simple, I just attached the image of the monkey hanging from a vine to the card using Dimensionals and then added the second vine by gluing it using Tombow.


Stamping on the sentiment using Memento Black finished up the card nicely, don't you agree?

I'm entering this card in the CAS on Sunday Challenge #126 - Use a die on your card

I'm also entering the card in the HLS February Anything Goes With Dies Challenge

2 comments:

  1. SOoooooooo sweet. A lovely card and message.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a funny and sweet card and you’ve used beautiful dies!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Friday!
    Mariken DT

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.